Easy and quick: set, transfer, measure, navigate
- Individual settings – Programming the Leica Geovid Pro or .COM models begins with creating, managing, and storing specific ballistics profiles via Leica Ballistics App 2.0, which is based on the precise solution from Applied Ballistics®.
- Connecting smartphone and rangefinder – To connect a Leica Geovid Pro or .COM model to the Leica Ballistics App, simply activate the Bluetooth® function (BT) in the menu.
- Data transfer – After starting the transfer, the settings and personal ballistics profiles are wirelessly transferred to the Leica Geovid Pro or .COM model.
- Measuring and calculating point of impact – First, the distance to the target is measured. On Leica Geovid Pro models, the integrated Applied Ballistics® software generates highly accurate results based on range, equivalent horizontal distance, and ambient data such as temperature, barometric pressure, and angle. For the .COM models, the point of impact is calculated using the Leica ABC® calculator.
- Navigation to terrain points – For users of Leica Geovid Pro models, the Leica ProTrack (LPT™) function shows the exact GPS coordinates based on the measured distance. A compass needle and background maps from Google Maps® or BaseMap® are used for target guidance.
Leica Ballistics App 2.0 and Leica Geovid Pro models
All Leica Geovid Pro models can use all functions of the Leica Ballistics App 2.0. This includes creating ballistics profiles based on the respective Applied Ballistics® software. The Leica Geovid Pro models are the first in the world to have integrated Applied Ballistics Ultralight® or Elite® (upgrade) for offline real-time calculation. The head-up display (HUD) can be overlaid on the smartphone screen and provides real-time information about the active profile. This makes it possible to remotely control the rangefinder and make changes. Real-time synchronization is also possible. The new Leica ProTrack (LPT™) function is fully available on all Geovid Pro models. This allows previously-measured terrain points to be reached quickly and easily.
Leica Ballistics App 2.0 and Leica Geovid/Rangemaster CRF.COM models
Leica .COM models with Bluetooth® connectivity also benefit from the new Leica Ballistics App 2.0. These models continue to use the Leica ABC® (on board) for offline real-time calculation. Ballistics profiles are created in the new app, based on the Applied Ballistics Ultralight® software. Menu items and settings (USEU, BALL, SID, ABC®, brightness) can be changed and transferred via app. The Leica .COM models must do without real-time synchronization, HUD, the Elite® upgrade, and LPT™.
The Leica Ballistics App 2.0 is available free of charge in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Benefits of the Leica Ballistics App 2.0
+ compatible with all Leica rangefinders equipped with Bluetooth®
+ Applied Ballistics® calculator offers maximum accuracy
+ intuitive adjustment of rangefinder settings via the app
+ locate previously-measured points in the terrain, via Leica ProTrack (LPT™) (Geovid Pro)
+ navigate to a previously-measured point, using Google Maps® or BaseMap® (Geovid Pro)
+ an update to the higher version Applied Ballistics Elite® is possible (Geovid Pro)
+ HUD (head-up display) overlay for real-time remote control of Leica Pro models (Geovid Pro)
+ available in the languages EN, DE, FR, IT, ES, FI, DK, NO, HU, SE
+ designed for use with Geovid Pro and .COM laser rangefinders
+ replaces the Leica Hunting App for Leica .COM laser rangefinders